Monday, November 14, 2011

RomeBound

Hello friends & fam bam,
This is your old friend Shaq, dropping a line to say hello. As you know, I'm an aspiring artist, full time mother, and teacher to be. I am filled with a desire to travel the world and touch the minds of young people everywhere and am motivated by a power larger than myself. All this, you may or may not have known about me.
I am currently going through the process of applying for an amazing course that prepares teachers to teach English internationally. The school is called TEFL International (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). It is in Rome, next to the Vatican on Via Ennio Quirino Visconti. TEFL offers a certification that will allow me to teach in over 30 countries worldwide. I start the course in spring, February 6th, to be exact. If you haven't heard already, this is the course I'm referring to when I say I'm going to Rome next year. Saving for this trip began a while ago and has been fierce ever since. The total cost for tuition and accommodations comes out to $2800. Not bad right?

After a considerable amount of reflection, I have decided to part with several of originals from my art pieces by auction to raise the majority of the funds. If interested the pieces are on Ebay at www.ebay/.com and on my blog at http://www.blogger.com/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/PVVOKZ4J/www.msgolden08.blogspot.com. The bidding begins at $50 for the original pieces. I am also giving prints of any one of several other works (including prints of the originals being auctioned off) for a donation of ANY amount. Remember that goal I mentioned of $2800? This means if every person who read this letter donated only $12 each, not only would you receive an art print created with love by yours truly, but I would definitely be able to reach my goal. Donations can also be made to paypal, just enter my email address: smoliverez@gmail.com

I send advanced gratitude and love to you. All of this is very new to me and your support means more than you know.

Full of love,
Shaq

1 comment: